Who is the controller for your data?
The controller for your data is Abama Residencial y Turística S.L. (hereinafter, ‘Abama Residencial’), with a registered office at Hotel Abama, Carretera General TF-47 Km.9. If you have any questions about data protection, you can contact the Data Protection Representative at the following email address: email@example.com.
With what purpose and legal grounds do we process your data?
Customers are hereby informed that their data will be processed by Abama Residencial for the following purposes:
- Managing the sales process and operating the properties. Abama Residencial will process your data for the purpose of managing the sales process for properties and to manage the operation of the properties.
- Fulfilling accounting, legal, fiscal and administrative obligations.
Legal grounds: This processing is necessary for fulfilment of the contract.
- Customer service. Abama Residencial has a customer service department to handle queries from customers and potential customers in relation to both the supply of information prior to the reservation contract and issues which may arise regarding the reservation made or the services offered by Abama Residencial.
Legal grounds: This processing is necessary to handle the request by the customer or potential customer. By providing said personal data, the customer or potential customer is deemed to have consented to the use of the same for said purpose.
- Sending marketing messages and newsletters by any medium with offers related to products and/or services offered by Abama Residencial, which may appeal to the customer. The personal data may be processed in order to produce profiles based on internal sources (e.g. data generated by Abama Residencial, historical data and statistics), the results of which make it possible to prepare and analyse custom products and/or services, through segmentation into different groups based on common patterns. Said profiles will be used solely to send you personalized correspondence about the products and/or services offered by Abama Residencial.
Legal grounds: This processing will only be carried out with the customer’s express consent. The customer may revoke their consent for their data to be processed for this purpose by following the instructions indicated in Section V.
- Assigning the customer’s personal data to Gestión de Hoteles y Complejos Turísticos, S.L. for the sending of marketing messages. Should Abama Residencial have the customer’s consent to do so, it may disclose their data to Gestión de Hoteles y Complejos Turísticos, S.L. for the purpose of allowing the latter to send marketing messages about its products and/or services.
Legal grounds: This processing will only be carried out if Abama Residencial has the customer’s consent. The customer may revoke their consent for their data to be processed for this purpose by following the instructions indicated in Section V.
- Managing customer complaints. For centralized management of any complaints the customer may lodge with regard to the services hired, Abama Residencial will receive the information relating to the complaint from the customer for the purpose of handling said complaint and being able to offer the customer a suitable solution, possibly offering discounts or more beneficial conditions on subsequent stays to make up for losses incurred. Abama Residencial therefore needs to access the information generated by the customer in order to properly handle the complaint lodged.
As applicable, if the complaint relates to indemnifiable losses incurred by the customer, Abama Residencial shall report this information to the insurance company with which Abama Residencial has contracted in order to manage the loss incurred by the customer.
Legal grounds: This processing is necessary to handle the complaint filed by the customer. By providing said personal data, the customer is deemed to have consented to the use of the same for said purpose.
- Legal or administrative proceedings. In response to any legal or administrative proceedings which may arise as a result of the sale or operation of the property, Abama Residencial shall process the necessary information to submit the relevant statements, exercise its right to defence or lodge any claims it deems appropriate according to the events which have taken place.
Legal grounds: This processing is based on legal obligations, established by administrative regulations (primarily, the Common Administrative Procedure Act) or necessary so that Abama Residencial may exercise its legitimate right to effective judicial protection, both in its right to defence and in the lodging of the legal claims it deems appropriate, based on the Code of Civil Procedure or the Code of Criminal Procedure.
- Managing system incidents. Abama Residencial shall process the necessary information for its customers in order to manage any incident reported or which Abama Residencial may detect using its own resources. Said data processing shall only be done for the purpose of resolving the incident and solving any problems deriving from the same. Abama Residencial understands that it is in its legitimate interest to anticipate the security of its computer assets, as well as to resolve incidents which may put said security or the continued provision of the services offered to its customers at risk.
Legal grounds: This processing is necessary to satisfy the legitimate interests of Abama Residencial. The customer may object to their data being processed for this purpose by following the instructions indicated in Section V.
- Monitoring to detect fraudulent activity. For the purpose of controlling and monitoring activities which may constitute fraud in present and future contracts, Abama Residencial hereby informs you that it performs an analysis of the transactions it carries out in order to identify and analyse in greater detail those which it identifies as suspicious and possibly fraudulent during the contract period, preparing, if applicable, exclusion lists of temporarily limited contracts.
Legal grounds: This processing is based on the legitimate interest of Abama Residencial, as it performs control and monitoring of all transactions carried out by its customers in order to detect possible fraudulent behaviour in the transactions carried out during the contract process. Customers may object to the processing of their data by following the instructions indicated in Section V.
Legal grounds: This processing is necessary in order to manage the customer’s access to the Wi-Fi service provided by Abama Residencial. By providing said personal data, the customer is deemed to have consented to the use of the same for said purpose.
- IT control of the website. In those cases in which the user accesses the Abama Residencial website, the latter will perform actions to monitor and control use of the website in order to prevent and detect any fraudulent use (such as technical manipulation, code modifications, etc.). The purpose of this is to avoid, prevent and/or detect any unauthorized access, alteration or loss of any information relating to third parties other than the user which may result in civil, penal and/or administrative liability for Abama Residencial.
Legal grounds: legitimate interest.
- Processing cookie data. The information relating to the cookies policy can be found at the following link: abamahotelresort.com/en/cookie-policy
How long do we keep your data?
The personal data to which we have access will be processed for the duration of the contractual relationship or the purpose for which they were gathered. Following this, Abama Residencial will keep the personal data once the contractual relationship has been terminated or when the same are no longer relevant for the purposes for which they were gathered, duly blocked, so that they may be made available to the competent public authorities, judges and courts, or the Public Prosecutor’s Office during the period of limitations for any actions which may derive from the relationship maintained with the customer and/or the retention periods set forth by law. Abama Residencial will physically delete your data once these periods have elapsed.
Additionally, if the customer has not revoked their consent to receive marketing messages, Abama Residencial may process the personal data of the former as described in Section V. The customer may unsubscribe from said marketing messages by means of the method established for this purpose in said messages.
To whom do we disclose your data?
Abama Residencial may disclose your data:
- With the customer’s consent, to ABAMA TERRACES S.L. and ABAMA FASE IV S.L., so that they may send the customer marketing messages.
- To competent public authorities, judges and courts.
- Aside from the above-mentioned disclosures of data, Abama Residencial works with some third-party service providers that have access to customers’ personal data and process the aforementioned data for and on behalf of Abama Residencial as a result of the services they provide. Specifically, Abama Residencial will contract for the provision of services by third party providers that operate in certain sectors, including but not limited to the following: legal advisory services, multi-disciplinary professional services firms, technology services providers, IT services providers.
What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
If they wish, customers may exercise the rights of access, rectification and erasure with regard to their data. They may also request that processing of their personal data be limited, oppose the same, request portability for their data, as well as not to be the subject of automated individual decisions, or revoke their consent, by the following means:
- By sending a written request to Abama Residencial y Turística S.L., Hotel Abama, Carretera General TF-47 Km.9
- By sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In both cases, the customer must attach a copy of their national identity card (DNI), tax identification number (NIF) or other official identity document.
In relation to that processing which is based on obtaining consent, the customer may withdraw their consent by means of the procedure set out above. The customer may also oppose that processing based on the legitimate interest of Abama Residencial.
How did we obtain your data?
The personal data processed by Abama Residencial are personal data gathered through:
Our direct channels:
- Website: www.abamahotelresort.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/abamatenerife
- In person from the customer themself.
With what authority can you lodge a complaint?
Customers may lodge a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency with regard to the response they have received from Abama Residencial in handling their rights.
In any event, customers are hereby informed that complaints relating to the processing of their personal data will be handled by the Data Protection Representative for Abama Residencial, and customers may send the same to the addresses indicated in Section V.